The head is one of the most common areas of pain and headaches are one of the most common conditions seen by healthcare professionals. Whether severe or recurrent they should always be professionally investigated.
Headaches do not occur from a lack of over the counter pain meds like Advil or Tylenol.
Dr. Janmohamed, a Calgary Chiropractor, is trained in the diagnosis and management of Headaches.
Headaches can arise spontaneously or associated with some activity and can occur in the upper portion of the neck or any areas of the head.
The pain can include:
- Throbbing Pain
- Squeezing Pain
- Dull Pain
- Constant Pain
- Intermittent Pain
Headaches classifications are as follows:
- Primary (Due to a headache itself, and not an underlying condition)
- Secondary (Present due to another health affliction)
- Cranial neuralgias (Inflammation or Injury to the nerves or nerves of the head)
The most common Primary Headaches are:
- Migraine with aura
- Tension headache
- Trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia (TAC)
The Most common Secondary Headaches are:
- External compression (a result of pressure-causing headgear, such as helmets or hats)
- Ice cream (commonly called brain freeze)
- Rebound (caused by continued or repetitive use of pain medication)
- Sinus (caused by inflammation and congestion in your sinus cavities)
- Spinal (caused by low pressure or volume of cerebrospinal fluid, possibly the result of a spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak, spinal tap or spinal anesthesia)
- Thunderclap (a group of disorders that involves sudden, severe headaches with multiple causes)
At HALO clinic we often help patients recover from both primary and secondary headaches without reliance upon drugs.
Life Should Not Hurt, and if your head is hurting, then let Dr. Halowski and his team at HALO clinic be a part of the solution that gets’s you back into your life.
At HALO Clinic we see clients who are having difficulty excelling or participating in their activities as a result of headaches. Calgary residents who seek our care can expect a comprehensive approach that may include Chiropractic Manual Therapies, Active Release Therapy, Graston Therapy. We also utilize Massage Therapy, Exercise Prescription, and Nutritional Counselling to help you live a pain free life.
If you are suffering from headaches and would like to help with pain management or would like to have a complimentary consultation to discuss your condition, then contact us.
If we cannot help you we will refer you to the best practitioners in Calgary to help with your condition.